World Polio Day 2020: Theme, Images, Messages, wishes & Greetings,Quotes & Wallpaper,Thoughts,Date,Significance, history, slogans,and Facts,Everything You Need to Know About Polio
World Polio Day 2020 Images and Wallpapers
- _ On this occasion of World Polio Day spare the children on this day. Get the vaccine and give them a happy and healthy life. Happy World Polio Day.
- _ Take a part in stopping polio forever, now more than ever. Wish you a happy, safe and healthy World Polio Day.
- _ Make history on this 24 October by taking a stand and fighting against polio. Eradicate polio on this day. Wish you a very happy, safe and healthy World Polio Day.
- _ Make this world a better, safer and healthier place to live by taking vaccination on time. Best wishes on this World Polio Day.
- _ Save your child from polio, give them vaccination and gift them a healthier life. Wish you a very safe, Happy and healthy World Polio Day.
- _ Don’t let a disease like polio steal the life of your children. Save them by getting them vaccinated on this day. Best wishes on this World Polio Day.
- _ Fight the war, be safe. Raise awareness and get vaccinated to prevent polio. Wish you a very happy, safe and healthy World Polio Day.
- _ Take a stand and take a part in ending polio. Raise awareness and help everyone get immunization for polio. Wish you a very happy, safe and healthy World Polio Day.
- _ Thank the unsung heroes who work every day to save lives by spreading awareness about vaccination on this day. Wish you a very happy, safe and healthy World Polio Day.
- _ A polio-free world is a goal that you should work on. Raise awareness and help to prevent it on this day. Wish you a very safe, happy and healthy World Polio Day.
- _ On this occasion of World Polio Day remember to get a drop to stop the strop. Prevent polio and save lives. Happy World Polio Day.
- _ Just two drops can help to save lives. Get your family, friends and children vaccinated to say and prevent polio. Have a safe, happy and healthy World Polio Day.
- _ Ending and eradicating polio is a marathon, take apart and sprint to the finish. Have a very safe, happy and healthy World Polio Day.
- _ Keep in sight an aim to spread awareness about creating a world with no polio. Wish you a very happy, safe and healthy World Polio Day.
- _ Almost is not good enough. Eradication polio completely should be the goal. Have a very safe, happy and healthy World Polio Day.
- _ Take bold steps to eradicate polio. Give life to children by eradicating polio. Wish you a very happy and healthy World Polio Day.
- _ Be well and take the oral vaccine for polio vaccine. Save your life. Have a very happy, safe and healthy World Polio Day.
- _ Only the people who are crazy enough to try to change the world are the ones that do. Take a part and help to eradicate polio. Wish you a very happy, safe and healthy World Polio Day.
- _ Get your children vaccinated and give them the gift of life by preventing polio. Wish you a very happy, safe and healthy World Polio Day.
- _ Each and every step counts, so get vaccinated and stop polio on this day. Have a very happy, safe and healthy World Polio Day.
- _ A polio-free world is a gift for all the children around the globe for all the years to come. Raise awareness and take part in eradicating polio. Have a very happy, safe and healthy World Polio Day.
- _ Polio is at the brink of eradication and it is our duty to complete the job. Take a stand and help in eradication of polio on this day. Wish you a very happy, safe and healthy World Polio Day.
Polio is an immunisation campaign which was established by the government of India to eliminate poliomyelitis in India. The Pulse Polio was started with the global initiative of eradication of polio in 1988 following World Health Assembly resolution in 1988, Pulse Polio Immunization programme was launched in India in 1995. Hence every year vaccination was provided to all children under the age of five years to fight polio.
Approximately 17.4 crore children of less than five years are given polio drops as part of the drive of Government of India to sustain polio eradication from the country. According to the national health portrayal, 2020 polio day program is going to be held on January 19th, have a look.olio is a very infectious disease, also known as poliomyelitis or infantile paralysis caused by the poliovirus which leads to muscle weakness and inability to move among people. It spreads easily from person to person. Sometimes it's very dangerous and can lead to permanent disabilities and even death.
So don't forget to take your child (0-5 years old) for oral polio vaccine drops on any polio booth near your house. Here are some polio slogan, which you can use to spread awareness about polio vaccination and eradication.
World Polio Day History
The history of World Polio Day is fascinating to read. Jonas Salk made a breathtaking contribution to the whole world through his discovery of the Polio vaccine. The development was indeed a very significant milestone in medical history. Along with this vaccine, the oral form of ingesting this vaccine for kids below five years soon followed suit.
This discovery was carried forward by Albert Sabin. Thus, the world came to terms to fight against the deadly Polio disease. Rotary International identified the immense efforts put in by Jonas Salk in bringing up the vaccine. Hence, every year his birth anniversary is also celebrated as International Polio Day.
History has witnessed the complete eradication of smallpox in children and next in line is the poliomyelitis vaccine that is also on similar grounds. Smallpox and Polio are the two deadly diseases that have been wiped out from their existence through proper remedial cures.
In the latest statistics released, Polio numbers still exist in some countries like Pakistan, Afghanistan and Nigeria. But the numbers of cases that have been reported by authorities are a mere 20. This is precisely the progress and advancement of medical technology achieved over the years through sustained, dedicated and committed efforts by experts. The World Health Organisation has set up specific goals for itself to completely wipe out the disease until the last trace of its existence is closed evidentially.
Significance of World Polio Day 2020
Through the sustained efforts of the World Health Organisation, Polio has reached a distinct level of eradication across the globe. Polio is one of the dangerous diseases in this world with implications of a lifetime. It is a waterborne disease, and children affected with this disease face the consequences of losing out mobility and walking abilities for their entire life.
Polio vaccination is administered orally to children below the age of 5 years by governments of respective countries where the disease has shown endemic signs in the past. In the year 1988, The Global Polio Eradication Initiative (GPEI) was launched by collaborations between Rotary International and the World Health organisation. Around that year, worldwide cases counted up to 3, 50,000 and more. Developed countries in the regions of America, Europe and the Western Pacific are free from this endemic today.
Polio has left these regions without a trace. But there are certain other regions in the world where the deadly disease still exists and needs to be eradicated. Strict measures and vaccinations are to be administered from time to time to completely kill the virus from its roots and declare the entire world to be polio-free. It is on the perfect occasion of World Polio Day that such stringent measures can be adopted and stringently practised to heal our next generations from Polio.
World Polio Day 2020 Themes
Some of the critical past year themes that have mead headlines across the world are highlighted below:
- Celebration of unsung heroes for polio eradication
- I want to End Polio – Please join me.
- End Polio Now and make history today.
- Stories of Progress: Past and Present. [Theme for 2020]
The theme for 2020 is quite a liberating and novel idea. It renders new vision in the following two ways – it takes a tour of the progress made in polio eradication so far. The continual efforts of healthcare workers so far are accepted and acknowledged through this theme.
It also charts out a future road map to press medical line staff to continue their efforts in rendering their support in choosing to completely wipe out even a single trace of the existence of the deadly virus and polio disease.
World Polio Day Celebrations
There are several ways in which World Polio Day is celebrated. These celebrations are mostly called in by healthcare workers and front line staff who have been able to contain the disease till now and strive to make extra efforts to create a better future for the next generation:
- Rotary Club members can be seen in full action wearing uniform attires and creating awareness meets at various places of importance.
- Carrying the message with them through health marches are another way to create proper awareness among citizens.
- Campaigning and calling for donations from prospective people is another way of celebrating the day.
- Rallying on bikes by spreading the message on placards and banners is also actively planned.
- Media houses invite top honchos from national and international platforms to discuss the progress in polio eradication and methods involved for the future course of action.
- Community walks involving people from all walks of life garners better publicity for the event.
- Holding special events and competitions for children, thereby passing on the message to them is another way of spending the day meaningfully.
- Volunteers who wish to participate in an annual event while promoting the central theme of polio eradication can pour in ideas and make the event a grand success.
- Every year many organisations like the Rotary International in collaboration with many NGOs and local healthcare centres put in their efforts to make the day a grand success.